Friday, March 4, 2011

Book Tunes (3)

Book Tunes is a new meme that will be held on Fridays and the point is to share the book your reading and a song you think represents it. Be sure to include the novel you are reading, the summary, the song you think fits it and an explanation of why you chose that particular song.
Summary: I’m not your average hero. I actually wasn’t your average anything. Just a poor guy working an after-school job at a South Beach shoe repair shop to help his mom make ends meet. But a little magic changed it all.

It all started with the curse. And the frognapping. And one hot-looking princess, who asked me to lead a rescue mission.

There wasn’t a fairy godmother or any of that. And even though I fell in love along the way, what happened to me is unlike any fairy tale I’ve ever heard. Before I knew it, I was spying with a flock of enchanted swans, talking (yes, talking!) to a fox named Todd, and nearly trampled by giants in the Everglades. 

Don’t believe me? I didn’t believe it either. But you’ll see. Because I knew it all was true, the  second I got CLOAKED.


Music:  Home's Never Too Far away by Fellowship!
Lyrics:
So... I can't find the lyrics and since this song is from a musical play (a parody of Fellowship of the Ring), it's kinda understandable. Sorry :/

Reason:
Johnny, the main character, has to go on a quest to find the princesses brother, who's been turned into a frog. While Johnny doesn't take any friends with him, this is the only song I could find that worked with the whole quest bit. I'd give more of a reason, but I don't want to spoil the book!

Book Tunes is a meme hosted by Down the Rabbit Hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...