Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Mr. Roboto

I love Styx <3

So, today's prompt was Take a Deep Breath. I had a hard time coming up with who I wanted to write about. I started, wrote a line, then scratched it out. Sat and stared. Wrote another line. Scratched it out. Sat and stared. But, third time's the charm and I got a short blurb out in like, three minutes, give or take.

Michael leaned over Zachary, his hands pressed against the other man’s chest. Blood was seeping through his fingers and something like fear was etched on his normally unemotional face. 
“Just take a deep breath, Zachary.” 
“It… hurts…” Zack managed to whine, his face pale and sweaty. 
“I know it does,” he said, his voice tender for once. “We’re going to get you out of here.” He shifted his hands so that only one was pressed over the bullet hole. With his now free hand, he pulled his phone from his coat pocket. 
“I don’t think now’s the time for work, Doveman,” Zack muttered, eyes barely open. 
“I’m calling my father.” 
“Custard man’s going to come?” 
Michael nodded as he put the phone to his ear. “Custard man will come.”
 I think if I'd had the full time, it would be a little better, but I got the main point across. I wanted to mention the blood getting on his coat and phone and Mikey not caring about it, but I always wanted the last few lines in there as well. I also wanted to add a little more in the last bit about Zack trying to lighten the mood, but again, the time limit.

It's all right, though.

The prompts for this week are:

  • solitude
  • pilfer
  • vagrant
  • arousal
  • resilience
  • land
Combining those with the Chrysalis Experiment's prompt (Do you know how many times God has wanted to destroy the world? I think we read the same newspaper.) is going to be quite the feat. Wonder what I'm going to do...

Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...