Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Chrysalis Experiment

I'm joining a group/experiment/thing for writing! Yey! It's called The Chrysalis Experiment and basically, they issue a prompt on Monday and you write a story between 1,000 to 10,000 words by Friday, post it in your blog, send it to them. Ah hell, go take a look at their site/blog and get all the deets.

The real point of this blog is to answer the optional entrance survey (which I decided to do! yey!)

  1. What are your current writing habits?  Do you have any larger projects in the works?
    -Sparse, sadly. I don't write as often as I should and I'd like to use this as the excuse I need to kick myself in the rear and get going! Gotta get into writing more, I swear.
  2. Name three things you love about your own writing and three skills that you would like to work on this year.  Do you have a list of writing goals for 2011?
    -Three things I love about my own writing: 1. My style/voice. I just love how I've made it so me, and I'm very confident in it. 2. My characters. They're so much fun! At least to me. But that's what really counts, right? 3. How I describe things.
    -Three skills I want to work on: 1. Paragraph breaks. Sometimes I feel I put too many in there. 2. Chapter breaks. I'm not so good at those. 3. Writing everyday. Or at least setting aside a time to write, and if I don't write in that time, then I will just sit there and stare at the blank screen, not allowed to do anything else.
    -A list of goals? I want to win NaNo this year! And CollabNoWriMo needs to get done (work a collaboration novel in a month). And writing every day.
  3. What do you find inspiring?
    -Music. Books. Pictures. People. That time when you're laying there trying to get to sleep at like 2am and suddenly your brain is idea central. 
  4. What sort of things do you currently do to improve your writing?
    -Write. And read. And write some more.
  5. Are you currently looking for a critique partner or beta readers?  If so, what qualities would you like in a critique partner or beta reader?
    -I'd like to find a critique partner for my personal work. The person would have to be gay friendly (quite a few of my stories are m/m romances), be ok with sex scenes (m/m mostly, right now. Working on that though), be tough but not mean, and also know how to edit.
That's it! I suggest y'all go run along and check out the Chrysalis Experiment!

Laters!


PS. Sorry for all the spam :)

1 comment:

  1. Welcome on board JesiMarie, very excited to have you! :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...