Thursday, February 10, 2011

Uh Huh

I know it's Thursday and not Tuesday, but guess what? I have stuff from writers group! And some other news, that I think is rather awesome :D

First, writer's group stuff!

The prompt was "The Water Began to Boil"
Xandre sat in the kitchen, cross-legged on the floor, eyes glued to the shiny new tea pot on the stove. 
“What are you doing?” 
Xandre didn’t look over at the talking, purple tea cup poodle. “Tea.” He nodded at the stove. 
Cabal, the poodle, looked at the stove then at the vampire. “Tea? Isn’t that rather British of you?” 
“I like British,” he replied, sounding almost mesmerized. 
“You’re French.” 
“French like British. I like tea.” 
The dog rolled his eyes. “Weirdo.” 
Xandre finally looked over at his companion. “Am not.”
“Whatever.” He turned and walked out of the room as the water began to boil.
 I think it's kind of lame, but I love the characters and I couldn't think of anything else to write for that prompt. The group liked it though. What do you guys think? Xandre is an old character of mine and I can't recall if I made it that he can eat food or not. Oh well. He could be like Lestat and likes looking at the way light plays on liquid.

The prompts for this week are:

  • origami
  • expostulate
  • rafters
  • lonely
  • vision
  • iconoclast
If you do anything with them, lemme see!

Now, the news. So I mentioned that I read Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher (which, again, is an awesome book). But I just found out (by looking through some blogs) that it's being turned into a movie! I'm not totally sure how I feel about this. I'm afraid that Hollywood is going to ruin it. But I'm also kind of happy that it's been optioned as a movie. Selena Gomez is supposed to be staring in it and I didn't see anything about who else was going to be in it. Feelings on this, anyone?

Anyways, that's all I've got to talk about.

Laters!

1 comment:

  1. It's not a bad little character development piece. :) It's pretty charming.

    Thirteen Reasons Why as a movie is... interesting. Selena Gomez isn't a bad actress at all, but the content matter is really dark for a Disney kid. Hmm. How would they film that, anyways? It's a book about a guy walking around town listening to cassette tapes. Flashbacks, I guess.
    I dunno. I don't really like passing judgment on something that hasn't even been made yet. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...