Monday, February 14, 2011

Mail Time! (1)

Photobucket


So I actually got these books the other day, but so what! I'm gunna write about them now!

The first book I got is Torment by Lauren Kate, sequel to Fallen. If you haven't read Fallen, then you should. It's an awesome book, as is Torment.

Summary (from the author's website): Lucinda is sure that she and Daniel are meant to be together forever. Now they are forced apart in a desperate bid to save Luce from the Outcasts–immortals who want her dead. As she discovers more about her past lives, Luce starts to suspect that Daniel is hiding something. What if he has lied to her about their shared past? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?


I'm half way through the book and I absolutely LOVE it!


The other book I have waiting to be read is called Mop Men: Inside the World of Crime Scene Cleaners by Alan Emmins.


Summary (from the author's website): A true and strange tale of our times about death, cleaning and making money.
Neal Smither is making a killing. His business puts it plainly, "Crime Scene Cleaners: Homicides, Suicides and Accidental Death." Whenever a hotel guest decides to check out of life, the cops finish an investigation, or an accidental but bloody death is reported, Neal and the Crime Scene Cleaners are the ones picking up the pieces and mopping up the stains.
I haven't started this one yet, but I look forward to it. My roommate lent it to me to read. I recently got interested in crime scene clean up for a character I created. The facts I learned about the job is very interesting. If you're interested in crime scene clean up, you can look at some about it here.
Laters!
In My Mailbox is a meme held by The Story Siren.

3 comments:

  1. Those both sound really interesting. :D Can't wait to hear about them more in-depth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cant wait to get Torment! Here is my week.
    http://bookskidsanimalsandmore.blogspot.com/2011/02/imm-14.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myself I just got "Fallen" this week. :) I look forward to your review on Torment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...