Monday, February 28, 2011

REVIEW: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Title: Beautiful Creatures

Authors: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Summary(from author's website): Ethan Wate is haunted by dreams of a girl he’s never met. When Lena Duchannes moves into his small southern town of Gatlin County, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her. And he is determined to uncover the strange connection between them, even if it means uncovering the one secret that could change everything.


Review: I'll start by saying that I really, really enjoyed this book and I would recommend it to anyone who hasn't read it yet! There were quite a few parts of the book, though, that were really long worded and could have been shortened. Those parts remind me of this scene in Down with Love, starting at 3:00 (SPOILER ALERT! if you have NOT seen this movie, do not watch this clip. It gives away the whole point of the movie 0.0). Overall, I really liked the book. What I liked the most about it, I think, is that it's written from the guys point of view. SO many books are from the chicks point of view and it's the guy who is something mysterious. I love how this book isn't like that.
















Rating:





1 comment:

  1. I think I'll definitely have to give this a read, if only because it's from a guy's POV for once. Plus it sounds really interesting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...