Thursday, February 17, 2011

REVIEW: Torment by Lauren Kate


Title: Torment
By: Laurent Kate

Summary (from author's website): Lucinda is sure that she and Daniel are meant to be together forever. Now they are forced apart in a desperate bid to save Luce from the Outcasts–immortals who want her dead. As she discovers more about her past lives, Luce starts to suspect that Daniel is hiding something. What if he has lied to her about their shared past? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?


Review: I'll start off by saying that I want to find Lauren Kate and hug her. Because this book is awesome. It seems a bit draggy in some parts, but it all pulls together and is TOTALLY worth the read. By the end of it I was squealing and I can't wait for Passion to come out. But then I'll have to wait half a year to get it from my stupid library.


I love the way Lauren Kate writes. It keeps you interested, even in the bits that are a little slow, and drops enough hints where they're needed to be like 'oh! I wanna know what happens next!' The only part I didn't like was the fact that no one could tell that one of the background characters was a bad guy. Luce explains what this guy looks like, and what the bad guys look like, and it's exactly the same. And she doesn't think anything bad with that. So it was one of those 'the reader knows but the character doesn't' type things that normally doesn't bother me. But this guy was kind of obvious. The only thing that could have made it more obvious was if he had a  sign over his head that said "I'M A BAD GUY! COME GET ME!"


Anyways, I want impatiently for Passion.


Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...