Sunday, September 12, 2010

The First Song On the Album

Hello all of you out there! *waves to all the crickets*

So, I've decided to start a blog. I was going to do this over at wordpress but omg, it's hard to understand everything! Very complex, I don't like it. This is nice and organized. <3

I will be filling this with whatever writing stuff I can come up with, as well as whatever comes to mind as I'm writing this thing out.

Let's see... I'm editing a manuscript from 2 years ago that I wrote for NaNo because I love it. I'm hoping to get it cleaned up and published. It's a paranormal romance about a notorious Angel killer and how his plan to have power in the End of Days blows up in his face.

Ha! That was my story sentence... thing. I read (most of) Writing Fiction for Dummies, at least the parts about  getting published and they suggested you make one of those, and that was mine. How does it sound? Would you read it?

Other than that, I'm doing writing commissions for people on Gaia, getting paid in Gaia gold to write stories. It's fun but time consuming. This is all to keep me entertained until this years NaNo. Can't tell you too much about that one though.

Oh, if you don't know what NaNoWriMo is, go to nanowrimo.org. It's a 'contest' to write at least 50,000 words before the end of the month. It's loads of fun.

I've got quite the list of books to read, too. All of them are nonfiction too; well, not all of them but the ones I'm reading first are. Right now I'm reading Blogging for Dummies, then I've got The Complete Idiot's Guide to Writing Romance, The Writing Diet, The Everything Guide to Writing a Romance Novel, and Writing a Romance Novel for Dummies. Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Then after those I've got a slew of romance novels that I'm borrowing from a friend to read. So I'll be kept busy!

I want to really read up on the romance genre and see what others say about it cause really, I only recently started reading romance, but my brain kept wanting to write it, so I have been. Call me a romantic! But that's why I have all those books up there about writing romance.

Don't think I don't know how to write, I've been writing since I was a wee one, it's just a natural talent. It'll kick ass when I get published.

Ok, I think that's all I've got for now. Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...