Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday... Something!

I am changing the title of the Friday Five because I was always having a hard time coming up with 5 things to share. I'm going to let you guys vote on the few I've come up with! If you have any suggestions, let me know in the comments!


Now, on to the post!

1. I got a job! Yey! After a year of seriously searching, and 4 years of being jobless, I have finally obtained a job! It's only a seasonal job right now, but if I work awesomely enough, then I might be able to be hired as a regular worker. Fingers crossed for me! If I get to keep this job, so many doors will be opened for me!

2. One of my dad's short stories has been accepted to be printed in an anthology! Congrats Gilbert! Check it out here for  more info: http://gilmiller.wordpress.com/2011/09/01/breaking-news/

3. My best friend and I made a video not long ago and I want to share it, cause I think it's fun! We might start doing one monthly. Not sure.
4. I'm looking for some new art for my header up there *points at the current picture* to fit more into the YA theme I'm taking. I know what I want, I just need someone to do it. I don't have any real money right now to pay for it, but if you know someone who would be willing to do some art for me and has a similar style to the art above, please let me know. Credit will of course be posted to my blog so people can find the person. Kinda one of those you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours kind of deals.

I think that's all for now. I'll try to have cooler things for next week!

Now, I must off to follow the lovely people in my groups for the campaign, make my introduction rounds, and do my homework. And read. Ah, there are not enough hours in the day for the procrastinator.

Laters!

7 comments:

  1. Great post. Thanks for sharing. I'm a campaigner, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday. I voted for Friday Figments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job and congrats to your father on his short story.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's great to meet follow campaigners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Friday Faves, and I also think it's a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess! Nice to meet you! I like your blog art up there... I bet you'll find a lot of artists on your blog surfing. Not sure who does it free tho.
    Congrats on the job! Best of luck with it. I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the blogosphere.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, voted for Friday Faves. It's a good name.
    We're in the same paranormal romance group 2 in the Campaign! I'm in four groups, so I've been slower getting around. I also just published my first novel, Claiming The Prize, yesterday, so it's been a busy week. I'm offering a free coupon this weekend over at my blog page, so check it out!
    I see you won the NaNoWriMo in 2008! Congrats. My writer friend, Jamila Jamison just won CampNaNoWriMo last week! Impressive. I've never participated, but I hear it's challenging. I also noticed that you follow Hyperbole and a Half....my sister and I check in regularly there. She's a hoot!
    Take care. Hope to see you around during this campaign. ~ Nadja

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...