Sunday, August 14, 2011

Whistle while you work

Hitler was a jerk
Mussolini bit his weenie
Now it doesn't work!

*clears throat*

I can't whistle. What does this have to do with writing? Well... nothing. I just wanted to use the title. But yes, I cannot whistle. Thusly, I will be singing and humming while I work! Or spewing off rhymes about Hitler to the tune of Disney songs, lol.

Week two of Camp Nano went great! I am now two days ahead of myself. It's amazing, really. I've never shot through NaNo this quickly.

But like I said before (at least I'm sure I've said it before), I'm really loving this story. I love finding out what's going to happen.

I started today stuck, though. So I did a little art project, stared at a blank sheet of paper in my note book, and came up with what was supposed to happen.

And I will say that I am in LOVE with the scene. It turns out that I'm being more violent towards my MC than I ever thought the plot was going to be, but it can't be helped. The plot calls for it.

I am at 38,571 words and I will say... I'm afraid of how much longer (or lack there of) this story is going to be. I want to get past the 50,000 mark. I'd love to get way past the 50,000 mark. I don't care if it reaches 75,000 (though that would be nice) I'm afraid it's going to fall short and no one is going to want it because it's a piddly little book.

I know, 50,000 words isn't piddly. It's a very good word count. I just want mine to be longer than that. Maybe it's because I've never really written a book longer than just above 50,000 words. I don't know.

All I know is, I love this story.

Love.

Hope all is going well with everyone else!

Laters!

PS - I wrote 5,003 words today :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...