Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Halfway to NaNo goal, Third of the way to my goal!

I hit the 25,000 mark today! Yeey!

I'm feeling pretty good. I keep fearing that I'm going to rush through the rest of my plot, but I know if I just take it a day at a time, it'll all work out fine.

But I am so proud of myself!

I ended up bombing out of last years NaNo. Didn't even make it close to winning. I just couldn't get that story to work out like it should have.

But I am so in to this story! I love it! I'm having so much fun with it!

I'm back on track for the most part with my word goal (I had been a day ahead). I'm looking forward to writing more tomorrow and the day after and every day after that until it's done! Then I have to edit, but... I'm actually kind of looking forward to that.

My dad explained something the other day. I don't really know how to explain what he said cause, well, I'm not good at respitting out peoples words, lol, but it had something to do with really finding what you were meant to write. Like he had been trying to write Sci-fi and Fantasy and he had written a few manuscripts, but it wasn't anything he was overly excited about. Then he started getting into crime and he's really been gnawing at the bit to get to writing each day and looking forward to editing it and making it the best it can be. He says he's found what he really wants to write and what he's supposed to be writing.

I think I've found my place in YA. I was writing M/M romance and I still love to read and write romance, but I think it'll be in a YA stance from now on. Unless I can find my feet in adult romance, then maybe I'll dabble in that, but who knows.

For now, I am a proud YA writer.

Yeey!!

Laters!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I think you did a good job of spitting out what I was saying. Maybe better than I did, as I remember the conversation. Basically, when it's fun, you know you've found the right vehicle for your writing. And I've just started back in on my new novle and I'm having a blast.

    By the way, you have to wonder about someone who has more fun writing about crime than about some possibly bright future LOL.

    And congrats on what you're doing. I'm proud of you!

    Gil

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...