Saturday, April 23, 2011

Q is for Quotes

I don't normally save quotes, but I went and found some quotes that I rather like. I will share them now.

"I write, because life never works except in retrospect. You can't control life, at least you can control your version." - Chuch Palahniuk

"I write, therefore I am." -Unknown

"It's like standing on the edge of a cliff... Everyday you're making up the earth you're going to stand on." -Peter Carey

"If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlkhasdfasdf." -Lemony Snicket

"Write in any way that works for you. Write in a tuxedo or in the shower with a raincoat or in a cave deep in the woods." -John Gardner

"The only thing more tormenting than writing is not writing." -Cynthia Ozick

"The characters have their own lives and their own logic, and you have to act accordingly." -Isaac Bashevis Singer

"It is by sitting down to write every morning that one becomes a writer. Those who do not do this remain amateurs." -Gerald Brenan

"Talent is helpful in writing, but guts are absolutely essential." -Jessamyn West

"Marry someone you love and who thinks you being a writer's a good idea." -Richard Ford

"Writing is the most fun you can have by yourself." -Terry Pratchett

"Writing a story is like crossing a stream, now I'm on this rock, now I'm on this rock, now I'm on this rock." -Ann Beattie

"Being a good writer is 3% talent, 97% not being distracted by the internet." -Cyrus Farivar

"Novels do take charge of the writer, and the writer is basically a kind of sheep dog just trying to keep thing on track." -John Gregory Dunne

"I know what I want to do with my life. I think people think I'm joking when I say 'I'm gonna work dead-end jobs and write novels my whole life,' but I'm being perfectly serious. I could care less what my day job is, I just want to write." -Qzie (I will forever love this quote)

What are some of your favorite quotes?

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jesimarie ~~ I love the writing-related quotes you chose ... awesome !

    ~MICHELLE~
    http://writer-in-transit.co.za/category/other/rambles-rants-and-raves/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...