Friday, November 26, 2010

Fly Away From Here

A word of advice: if you're having more than one person editing your manuscript, don't have them do it at the same time on different copies. It is so damn annoying to have to jump between the two (or more) copies to make the changes. At least in my opinion. I guess it's not so bad if it's a hard copy, or if you have something that isn't Windows 7 and bunches all your tabs into one little square on the bar down there. I stupidly did that when I was getting my edits on my first NaNo. I have one copy that's my roommate and one that's my dad. I have to work with em side by side in order to get the edits done at the same time. So annoying.

In other news, if any of you guys are looking to get writing published in magazines (helps build a platform, don't cha know?), there's this awesome site that has a huge database for it and let's you search by genre, length, pay, etc. Check it out if you haven't heard of it before: http://www.duotrope.com/index.aspx

Gunna get back to writers group probably the week after next. I should have been posting the prompts here anyways, since they send it via emails. Too late now to do that; it didn't even dawn on me before now, haha. Oh well. Rather looking forward to going back, it was fun and a nice way to get out of the house :) I must finish some of the stories I'm working on so I have something to bring in and share.

I need to get back to editing my first NaNo. My brother's are going out of town for the weekend so I think I'll put in a huge chunk of writing and editing while they're gone. Too bad I can't do both at the same time. I'll figure something out and report back on Monday or so.

Laters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...