Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Into the Ocean

Yey! I got writing done! Granted, most of it (read: 2,000 words of it) was done at 2 in the morning, but hey! Who cares! I had gotten 265 words done during the day on Tuesday. Granted, I had other things I had to do (stupid life getting in the way of NaNo), but that's no excuse!

Any how, I got 2,229 words written today, so I'm happy with myself.

I'm struggling a bit with this intro, but I suck at beginnings. Er, at least beginnings that don't start in the middle of a super cool and fun scene. None of that this year! Cole demands a beginning that starts at the beginning of his day and he's being all... reflective on his new day.

I had to do research today. Cole's parents decided they were too good for California and were more old blood, so they live in Provence Town, Massachusetts in a house with 11 rooms and is worth over 2 million dollars. Lucky for me, my family is from Mass (mom's side at least) and my mom's been to P-Town.

In other news, I think Cole likes to cross dress. This is a new developement and I don't know yet how that's going to play into all this.

Anyways, it's almost 3am, so I'm going to bed now.

Laters!

PS, I wrote a couple paragraphs from the point of view of a bottle. Wtf?

1 comment:

  1. All right! Keep up the good work. Judging from what's been happening to me, I'd say try just writing and don't think about it. After all, you've just spent a couple months thinking about your story, so it should be there just under the surface. You might even try jumping ahead and writing an action scene to get things going and come back later for the beginning when you feel better about it. Don't know if that would work for you or not. I've never tried it myself, so I can't say how it works for me. Just an idea.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...