Thursday, October 28, 2010

Les Poissons

I'm going to start this post with a quote that actually pops up in my head a lot and I'm just going to steal it, right here right now. And whenever it applies to the conversation. When I first came across Qzie's blog, I read all the posts she has posted before (as I do with most blogs that I read) and while doing so, I found on one of her older posts, a quote that, like I said, has stuck in my brain. I'll give a little context with it:
I know what I want to do with my life. I think people think I'm joking when I say, "I'm gonna work dead-end jobs and write novels my whole life," but I'm being perfectly serious. I could not care less what my day job is; I just want to write. 
The bolded part in there is what always pops up in my head. I actually really like this. All of it. Granted, I'd like to sell novels and eventually be able to live off of that and make writing my full time job, until then I've got to do something for money. I wanted to share that quote and let Qzie know I'm stealing it! :P

In other news, NaNo is soon (like, 3 days), and you know what I hate? When plot bunnies pop up and totally give me a new plot and title! Now, I've had this idea in my head for a few months now, but last night, I came up with more of it and even a title was born! I'm not going to talk about it, because I don't want to forget it or get bored with it, cause I want to write it really bad. And I will, probably as one of my 6 novels for next year.

*dances around* I can't wait for NaNo!!!

Ok, I have nothing else to say for now.

Laters!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, you found my rant to nobody... ^^'' Becoming a career writer isn't gonna be easy, y'know, but keep writing and you'll get there! :)

    Oh, plot bunnies. Isn't that always what happens? And I *know*! Only three days left! It's so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, like I said, I read all your posts (cause I do that). But I really liked that quote and it has stuck in my head like a dinosaur in tar. I'm gunna hand onto this crazy ride on the way to the top of career writing! I have faith that it will happen!

    Maybe we can make plot bunny soup, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. At this point, someone's gotta start singing "Don't Stop Believing". :D

    Plot bunny soup. Nice.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...