Friday, June 24, 2011

I got a pickle! I got a pickle! I got a pickle, hey, hey, hey, hey!

Don't ask about the title of this post. I have no clue. Seriously.

So I'm still coughing my lungs up but I'm alive! And I'm here! And I'm writing! I've got a few things I need to get planned out before I can really get roaring into the story, but I am writing what I can.

I'm using a site I got off of Qzie's blog (yes, I get a lot of stuff from her. Can I help that she has awesome stuff?) called 750words.com. It's a pretty cool little site. I like the incentive to get badges by doing different things with the writing, like writing 3 days in a row (or is it 5?). You guys should check it out.

Anyhow, I've got 1,828 words so far. I am so proud of myself! I'm working on something I have never worked on before. I typically write (homosexual) romance (yey slash!). But not this time! This story I'm working on is YA, and it's crime. Yes, a crime novel. Is there such thing as YA Crime? I'm not even totally sure that what I'm writing is crime. I'm pretty sure it is, my dad said it was crime and I gave him a barely basic plot.

I'd tell you guys about it, but if I do that, I'll lose my interest in it and won't write it, and I love this idea! It's been in my head for... um... a little while now. (Can't tell you how long, lol)

Hmm... that's all I've got to say for now. I think.

So...

Laters!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love 750words.com. I use it everyday as a brain dump. I can't write unless I've done that. :) Good luck with the new project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, roped you in! :D I'm not so much in it for the badges as for the writing analysis to see how right/wrong it is. That part is really fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great site!! And sounds like a good idea, mixing up the writing goals a bit instead of having the same old set goal for every day. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...